Friday 12 June 2020

A Day in the Life of a Robotics Engineer

In my freshman year of high school, I went to a Women in Technology camp. We got exposure to a variety of engineering disciplines like Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer Engineering. Then, we got to do robotics! We got to use industrial robots that are used in factories around the world. I fell in love and decided I wanted to be a Robotics Engineer.

I got my Mechanical Engineering degree with the Robotics option at Lake Superior State University in addition to an associate’s degree in Computer Science. I had two internships when I was in college. During both, I got to work with robots, which solidified computer science vs computer engineering career interest. For one internship, I installed two robots and helped debug the system. For the other internship, I worked with the same robot type at a sealant company. I was able to do different lab tests and make videos for buyers. The videos showed different equipment types and capabilities so buyers knew what the products could do for their company.

After I graduated and worked for a couple of years, I got my master’s degree in Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering from North Carolina State University. In other words, I studied combined mechanical and electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why it's the ideal opportunity for telecoms to zero in on clients

 Brought together computerized stages can help telecoms players incorporate siloed frameworks, robotize basic administrations and improve cl...